[K12OSN] How to DRASTICALLY speed up app response on K12LTSP

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Fri Oct 5 15:07:12 UTC 2007

  Nice - I didn't even know this setting existed. For the first time
since I brought it online my server's immediate load is back to 0.00 --
with five clients, streaming audio, OOo, TB and Firefox plus a bunch of
services (web, mysql, mail, DNS, etc). I guess the server was giving a
surfeit of precedence to cached files with the newest kernel. Good to know.
Thanks,
  Michael