[K12OSN] Thumbdrives not recognized... Alternatives???

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 05:17:18 UTC 2007

On 10/6/07, Alan Hodson <ahodson at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi group
>
> Many postings later, CENTOS5 and USB thumb drives are not working
> together for me yet. I've taken a rather drastic road, and I am testing
> Ubuntu Server, but the K12LTSP ease of use is not there. Several of the
> files regularly used under Fedora/Centos are not there, and I am having
> a very hard time with the thin client configuration... Perhaps I'll try
> K12LTSP 6 and see if that handles the USBs any better... Anybody using 6
> and USBs successfully? I *MUST* save to thumb drives... Suggestions welcomed

The suggestions by others in the previous thread were good ones.
However, if you tried those I would see if a cdrom mounts
automatically with ltspfs. Also make sure usb is enabled in the bios
of the client. Although if you are getting the icon I would think it
is.

Also after you plug it in to the client check to see what's mounted on
the server with mount. You should see somehting like this
ltspfs on /home/dag/Drives/Removable_Device_393_Mb type fuse
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=dag)

also check /var/log/messages

One more idea, on the client hit ctrl-alt-f2 (assuming you have
enabled shell in lts.conf) and check dmesg for any problems. Hope that
helps.

--
Robert Arkiletian