[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Fwd: Unsupported Crossover (Wine) app installed in managed mode only runs as root.

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:13:44 UTC 2007

On 06/10/2007, Scott Balneaves <sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca> wrote:

> Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> > I am cross posting this to the ltsp lists as I got no response from the
> > Crossover list and this software is essential for our school system
> > which I need to get running by Monday.
>
> Are the users members of all the necessary groups? (i.e. audio, cdrom, etc
> Scott

The users are regular smbldap users who are members of students group.
I don't think they are members of the audio group. Sound works fine for
gcompris (-x), tuxpaint and flash videos in Firefox. Does that make any
difference?
Is it the users or the application which needs to be the a member audio
group?

I've also noticed a bug previously mentioned that when Crossover pops up an
x message it takes a long time. When running as root I have to wait for over
a minute for the box to come up which says, "You are running as root do yo
uwant to continue?" Once I chose always continue, the start up time for
windows applications became a lot quicker.

All help is greatly appreciated. One of the main reasons for switching from
K12ltsp to edubuntu is because it can run these multimedia programs. I hope
we can get it going soon. It is one feature our principal has been wanting
for for years.

Thanks.
Krsnendu dasa