[K12OSN] Moving Home files to a new server

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:17:12 UTC 2007

Is there a way to nfs mount a drive from another system with the same names
but different uids and gids. I have just installed Edubuntu after previously
installing K12ltsp. I used smbldap both times but I chose to make a new
database the second time. If I copy the files from the old machine to the
new machine the permissions match (showing names) but if I mount with nfs
directly from the other machine it only shows numbers (not names) and
therefore the user and group ownership doesn't match.

Is there a /etc/exports or /etc/fstab option to get around this?

Krsnendu dasa