[K12OSN] Charter School

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Oct 9 16:05:11 UTC 2007

Steven Santos wrote:

>> First, while I can't specify it in so many words, I want to specify
>> K12LTSP, and I am looking for language that will do so.  We have a
>> small K12LTSP server in our office that gets used for web surfing
>> and OOo.

One approach might be to make it a matter of cost, particularly hardware
and client license cost.  Just state a reasonable but low end cost.  If
you figure $100 to $150 each for the client boxes, plus monitors, etc.
and zero for client software licenses, that should effectively narrow
the field to something you can be happy with.

At the same time, you can specify "state of the art" software -
something like "a modern office suite including word processing,
spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing package" (e.g. OpenOffice.org).
You might also specify that all software used on the school system be
available to students free of charge.  That will eliminate some
competing systems.

--
Henry