[K12OSN] USB hub not working on VXL thinclients ( TC4331 )

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Oct 10 19:57:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:16:52 +0300, Meelis wrote
> As I can see nobody could help me solve this problem. Just like nobody
> shared no ideas how to enable martcard
> support that was an issue about ... ummm ... 3 months ago and still not
> solved. (No mail was returned at that time aswell!)
>
> It would be nice if someone at least writes an answer "I do not know" so I
> would know this list is still active and my mail goes through. To get no
> answer at all is silly and frustrating.

Would 400 "I do not know" messages really be all that helpful?  It is very safe to
assume that if nobody responds that nobody knows or the users who do know did not see
the message, or maybe saw it and did not post due to time constraints and forgot (I have
done this plenty of times).  A polite response to your original post saying "I'm still
working on this and have made no progress, ideas?"  Would be enough to get it in front
of everyone again so you are not forgotten.

If you search the archives you'll see the mentioned thread regarding the problems with
USB hubs not working (Scott Balnaeves gave a great explanation on why this is a
problem).  As for Smartcards not working "I do not know".

Jim