[K12OSN] Authenticating Edubuntu 7.04 LTSP Clients from SMBLDAP - Solved

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Oct 11 05:07:57 UTC 2007

> Thanks, Jim.  I think you see from the other post that the main issue
> was solved.

Cool, glad you got things figured out.

> Your excellent how-to guide included this, and it works.  In fact, we
> are copying our template user's configs into here (/etc/skel) so that
> future users have the pre-defined desktop setting we want.

Thanks.  All the steps are there, but explanation I am sure is lacking.  I have a bunch
of tutorials from getting my system going this year that I hope to get on the Edubuntu
wiki shortly.  When I post things there I will try and give some decent explanation as
well.  Also I need to break things up as the tutorial covers setting up LDAP and
configuring a thin client system and fat clients to all talk together.  Happy you were
able to make sense of it :-)

> It is currently not working just right simply because not all monitors
> are automagically adjusting to 1024x768.  Once I figure that out, well,
> there will be something else.

Can't help you there.  I think you may want to browse the Edubuntu archives as I think
some others ran into this a while back (may be mistaken, so don't search too long :-)

I had a few bugs to work out, but I am VERY happy with how things are running at this
point.  Only problem I have currently is periodic browser crashes with Flash 9 sites,
but usually this happens when they are playing flash games....so I don't care.

Jim