[K12OSN] smbldap and XP Home - non-domain member access

Rob Owens rowens at bio-chemvalve.com
Thu Oct 11 14:44:38 UTC 2007

If I use the smbldap-installer scripts, will I still be able to create a
Samba share that is accessible to non-domain members?  For instance, XP
Home Edition machines (which do not have the ability to join a domian).

My understanding of a windows domain is that all shares and services are
only available to domain members.  I'd like to be able to bypass that
rule with my soon-to-be smbldap setup, if possible.

-Rob