[K12OSN] LTSP5

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Thu Oct 11 18:32:09 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 13:58 -0400, Michael Blinn wrote:
>>   Has there been any development toward implementing LTSP5 in Fedora?
>> Ubuntu has done a good job of active integration, and, being a Fedora
>> fan, I would like to be able to continue to use LTSP as Fedora matures.
>> It seems to me like, with the wealth of knowledge available through this
>> list, we ought to be able to throw together a small team to at least
>> have a look at the problem, but if there is a push already in progress
>> then I'd like to know - I wouldn't want to duplicate work.
>>
>>  Any takers?
> ----
> the uptake that I had on irc with the developers is that they are solely
> concentrated on Ubuntu.

Because this really can't be done without the cooperation with the
distro team, and so far, Ubuntu is the only distro that has stepped up
and provided access and commitment from their developers.

Fedora talks about it, but so far hasn't provided any help.

OpenSuse is definately making some headway with the kiwi-ltsp stuff.
Still, I don't think they are getting much traction within the distro tho.

Believe me, if distro folks would come into the IRC channel, we'd be
glad to work with them to get LTSP-5 working.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org