[K12OSN] smbldap - adding ldap users to local groups

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Fri Oct 19 23:55:53 UTC 2007

How can I add LDAP users to local system groups?  I am trying to move to LDAP, but I'm a bit confused now...  I tried to add a new LDAP user to the "fuse" group (which is a non-LDAP group) and I got the message:  /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod: group "fuse" doesn't exist

Am I supposed to make an LDAP group for every one of my local system groups?  This seems dangerous, because there's no guarantee that the "fuse" group on one of my systems is treated the same as the "fuse" group on another system.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

-Rob