[K12OSN] NAT

jones yeates jones_yeates at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:55:23 UTC 2007

I had everything working.  Then I changed the IP address for eth1 to a static IP, did a service network restart and lost some stuff.

I have a lab that can boot both into LInux and Windows.  Everything works fine in LInux.  In Windows I can't seem to get the clients to ping outside of the LAN.

I have tried:
service nat stop
service iptables stop
iptables --flush
iptables --table nat --flush
iptables --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface eth1 -j MASQUERADE
iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth0 -j ACCEPT
service nat start
service iptables start

I even tried: service iptables-k12ltsp start
and it won't start up because I took the firewall off, which was off when I was able to start it last time.  THe iptables-k12ltsp is was what got the nat thing working last time.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks.