[K12OSN] NX

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Oct 29 21:51:50 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:

> protocol 1 would use authorized_keys
> protocol 2 would use authorized_keys2
>
> I am no expert on this stuff but that is my understanding.

This used to be the case, but is not generally true anymore. This
depends on your distribution I believe. On Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora
you can just use authorized_keys for protocol version 2. I don't know
if you have to add the '2' on Debian / Ubuntu, but I usually see
authorized_keys2 in howto's for Debian / Ubuntu. Maybe it works
without the '2' on those distributions as well, I don't know.

Nils Breunese.