[K12OSN] Blender Suddenly Closes when rendering

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 02:48:06 UTC 2007

On 04/09/07, Edwardson <e.pedragosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying out blender under LTSP environment. The program suddenly
> closes when i render. The clients have 128MB, uses i810 for xserver. The
> LTSP server has 4Gb RAM. I'm using K12ltsp 5EL.
>
> What could be the cause of this problem?

Edward,
Try adding swap space for this terminal and see if it slows down or
still crashes. If former then you need more memory at client (although
not sure why). You can also run memory monitoring on the server to see
if the server side memory is the issue.
We have tried blender at clients without problems but cannot say we
ran it at anything but minimalistic levels.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in