[K12OSN] Coordinating for NECC 2008

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Fri Sep 14 03:53:45 UTC 2007

I personally like the idea of some kind of installfest, being a LUG member.

Probably in that environment the emphasis might be better put on
liveCD's and demos of what you can do with the software - I can't
imagine many being willing to "risk" the computer they were traveling
with by doing an actual install... (but I would be pleased if I were
wrong about that ;-) )

Cheers,
Vern

Hoover Chan wrote:
> I hope you all are surviving the start of school year crunch. I'm
> just barely starting to resurface.
>
> That being said, I noticed that the NECC abstract deadline is coming
> up faster than expected. I was wondering what all is being planned
> for NECC 2008 as far as Open Source activities.
>
> Given the kinds of questions that frequently come up, I was wondering
> whether it might be useful to have an "Install Fest" where we can
> demonstrate what it would take to do a basic installation and
> deployment. Maybe something where we encourage people to bring their
> own computers or laptops where appropriate distro CD's are available
> at the session to install?
>
> Anyway, just brainstorming some ideas for the conference.
>
> Thanks. Hope to see you all there.

This time for sure!
    -Bullwinkle J. Moose