[K12OSN] rdesktop tip

Jon Harder linuxk12 at mountainlake.k12.mn.us
Fri Sep 21 16:14:32 UTC 2007

I spent some time this morning trying to figure out how to get a
client to boot with an rdesktop screen. The main thing that
held me up was an incorrect example paramater.

This is a snippet from my working configuration file
(/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf):

        SCREEN_01          = startx
        SCREEN_02          = rdesktop
                RDP_SERVER = w2003ts.mountainlake.k12.mn.us
                RDP_OPTIONS = -a 16 -f

Use ctrl-alt-f1 and -f2 to toggle between the two screens.

The config file gave this example:

  # RDP_OPTIONS = -F -u fred -d ltsp

but the "-F" should be -f for full screen and I threw in the -a 16 to
get more color depth.

I'm hoping this will help someone else and perhaps the configuration
example can be corrected.

--
Jon Harder
Mountain Lake (MN) Public Schools