[K12OSN] LTSP - installing VMware player

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu Sep 27 21:08:17 UTC 2007

Kevin Mims wrote:

> It's FC6.  I see all kinds of references to an all-all patch, but
> I'm not sure what version of the Player is working the best under
> Fedora Core 6.

As you can read in the docs Fedora Core 6 is not a supported host OS
for VMWare. I believe you do need that any-any patch. I know I needed
it when I installed VMWare Server (also free of charge these days) on
Fedora a couple of months ago. See <http://communities.vmware.com/
message/76957> for more information on the any-any patch.

Nils Breunese.