[K12OSN] Use Thunar as default Gnome file manager

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:35:00 UTC 2007

I found something that I think could help Gnome or IceWm k12ltsp users
a LOT.  After just getting totally fed up with how slow Nautilus is, I
found this page (in italian) which outlines how use Thunar in Gnome
instead, which I've been using a few days on my laptop.  It works
great!  The script passes things like  'network:///'  etc. to the
original Nautilus.  One might be able to make it work with something
else like rox.

http://www.lineheight.net/blog/aprire-percorsi-con-thunar-da-gnome

We're still running el4 on the k12ltsp server so I can't really try it
there.  Maybe I'll upgrade on monday.....   :(

Peter