Re: [K12OSN] SMBLDAP Installer

David Trask wrote:
"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
writes:
Mel Wade wrote:

Can anyone help be get the smbldap installer to work on CentOS 5?
I emailed Matt Oquist (moquist-smbldap majen net) a while ago to say I wanted to help adding K12LTSP 5EL (CentOS 5) support to smbldap- installer. I had some questions about the distro_data file, but I haven't heard back from him yet. :o(

Nils Breunese.

I'll pass on to Matt

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org
(207)923-3100

I've got CentOS5 running with Samba / OpenLDAP but not actually used Matt's script. I've included below my notes from our Wiki that might allow you to install all the necessary packages then you could run the script to do the configuring.

The line for the "Download the rpmforge-release package." will probably need altering as I'm running this on a Xeon machine using the 64bit kernel but it looks like I included a note where to get the other packages from, planning or what :-)

There might be some extra bits like apcupsd that you don't need in my notes but it might be a start.

If you like anymore info drop me a line

Brian

<notes>

 ProtectBase

You should make sure that you have ProtectBase installed. yum-protectbase is available in the CentOS 5 repositories:

   yum install yum-protectbase

Plugins are enabled in CentOS 5 by default.

Edit the file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and add the following line to the [base] and [update] and [centosplus] section:

    protect=1

Leave the [centosplus] section disabled:

    enabled=0

Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and add the following line to the other sections

    protect=0

Download the rpmforge-release package.

    wget http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/x86_64/RPMS.dag/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm

(You can find a complete list of rpmforge-release package packages at http://dag.wieers.com/packages/rpmforge-release/ but it is recommended that you use one of the two listed above).

Install DAG's GPG key

    rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

Verify the package you have downloaded

    rpm -K rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.*.rpm

Security warning: The rpmforge-release package imports GPG keys into your RPM database. As long as you have verified the package and trust Dag then it should be safe.

Install the package

   rpm -i rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.*.rpm

This will add a yum repository config file and import the appropriate GPG keys.

Test with this command:

   yum check-update

It should output these two lines:

The number above may differ, but there should be several packages shown as being excluded.

[edit]
Install Extra Packages

   yum install ntp
   yum install apcupsd

Install needed rpms for Samba3 / Openldap (found from Smbldap installer script)

yum install perl-XML-SAX-Base perl-Unicode-String perl-IO-Socket-SSL perl-Crypt-SmbHash perl-Convert-BER

Install actual servers & dependants

  yum install perl-URI perl-Convert-ASN1 perl-libwww-perl
  yum install perl-XML-NamespaceSupport perl-URI perl-Crypt-SSLeay
  yum install perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-LDAP
  yum install gcc glibc-headers
  yum install openldap-servers openldap-clients
  yum install samba-common samba
  yum install apcupsd
  yum install net-snmp

Install Webmin for easy configuration (example below is current version but visit www.webmin.com for latest version)