[K12OSN] K12LTSP v5.0 ATI Rage Xl video driver probs

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Sep 5 21:11:42 UTC 2007

Hello List,

Trying to update an old Tyan Tiger 200T server with the onboard  video ATI
Rage XL chip with K12LTSP v5.0. Version 4.0 of K12LTSP set this up
fine,actually ID'ing it as a ATI Mach64 chip,but when trying to update the
default install of K12LTSP v5.0 ( & 6.0), When it initializes the video
card in the install it merley gets to an "X" with black background ,&
setup Id's the video chip as ATI Rage XL ( which it actually is.) I've
Googled but have not found a real workaround. Has anyone here run into
this snafoo?
Even if i try and do a text install/update after the video card/chip is
ID'd setup goes no further:(
If I try and go back to my old K12LTSP v4.x.x Cd's ,like I say the video
is ID'd as ATI Mach64 and the GUI portion of setup comes up fine( to start
the install process)? BTW : I Have tried NFS & CD install and all with
same results.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna
westcentral school