[K12OSN] Weird network issue? (RESOLVED)

Daniel Kuecker kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us
Thu Sep 6 15:13:53 UTC 2007

 Just to let everyone know, i resolved this issue by disabling use local
apps.

>>> "Daniel Kuecker" <kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us> 08/30/07 3:58 PM

yes. i have added 24 new thing clients to one, and replaced 10 on the
other. I just thought it was weird both had the same problem when they
were at different locations.

>>> "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com> 08/30/07 3:47 PM

Have there been *any* changes whatsoever in the network infrastructure?

Even small ones?

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate
antivirus
protection!

Daniel Kuecker wrote:
> Hello World!
>
> I am having a weird problem. I have two servers running our HS and
K8
> schools. One was running K12ltsp5 and the other k12ltsp6. everything
was
> running fine last school year. this year has started and i have
noticed
> these issues. randomly some thin clients will boot off the network,
but
> as soon as it starts the X session, all I get is a grey background
with
> an cursor. I notice that when this happens, the network traffic on
the
> thin client is blinking constantly. I will reboot the thin client
and
> sometimes it will com up normally, sometimes it may take 4 or 5
reboots.
> then once a user logs in and then back out, alot of the time the
screen
> scrambles and the thin clients lock up. i reloaded that server with
> edubuntu, the problem seems to have gone away. However, now i
noticed
> the k12ltsp6 server is doing the same thing. both of these servers
were
> there own seperate network with the second nic connected to the main
> network. Does anyone have any ideas? which log files should i look
at. i
> do notice i get alot of errors "ws217.ltsp ypbind[1029]: broadcast:
RPC: