[K12OSN] OT: Looking for a consultant in northern NJ

Rob Owens rowens at bio-chemvalve.com
Thu Sep 6 18:48:29 UTC 2007

I'm looking for an IT consultant who can service a company in Boonton,
NJ (near Morristown).  On-site visits are a requirement.  I don't need a
big company, but a one-man show might not be sufficient.  Here are some
details:

There are approx. 20 Windows users, and all the typical problems
associated with Windows and users.

We need someone who is accessible by phone, and who can make on-site visits.

You can expect to field the usual boring problems like "my email doesn't
work", "my printer doesn't work", etc.

We are slowly but surely migrating our systems to Linux, so you'll need
to be proficient in various Linux systems and in making them interact
with Windows systems.

We currently use K12LTSP 5.0EL, BackupPC on Debian Etch, MoinMoin on
CentOS 4, Ubuntu on a couple desktops.

You'll need to be able to make server hardware suggestions and/or purchases.

I could also use advice on how to overcome some additional migration
hurdles, such as a Windows-only inventory management system.

We currently use Active Directory and Exchange, so you'll need to be
familiar with those systems.

Please email me off list if interested.

-Rob