Re: [K12OSN] DHCP Documentation

There are a couple of ways I can think of to do this:  do it by subnet, or do it by individual DHCP reservation.  The first method scales for many clients, but your network infrastructure really should support VLAN's.  The second method is very specific, but I find maintenance to be a pain if you have to swap NIC's.

A few more pieces of info would help:

1.)  How many clients are we talking about directing to each LTSP server?

2.)  What are the IP subnets being used on the LTSP client segment(s) of each LTSP server?

3.)  Are you using a two-NIC (classical) or one-NIC LTSP setup?

--TP

Mel Wade wrote:
I'm trying to use a third server as DHCP to direct specific clients to
one of two other LTSP servers.