[K12OSN] OT - user passwords

Roger roger.in.eugene at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:10:36 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, rmcdaniel at indata.us <rmcdaniel at indata.us> wrote:

> I have just setup a lab of 30 clients with K12LTSP v. 6.  I am showing the
> students how to change their password.  The system keeps telling me that the
> word is a dictionary word and will not allow me to use the password.  Is
> there a way to over ride the strong password settings???

THis page:
http://www.deer-run.com/~hal/sysadmin/pam_cracklib.html
details how to user cracklib to enforce strong passwords.  You could
probably figure what setting to change to enable an easily guessable
password.

I think this would be a good time for you to teach how to create strong
passwords that are easy to remember.

--
Roger