Re: [K12OSN] OT - user passwords

hi

On 9/7/07, rmcdaniel indata us <rmcdaniel indata us> wrote:
I have just setup a lab of 30 clients with K12LTSP v. 6.  I am showing the students how to change their password.  The system keeps telling me that the word is a dictionary word and will not allow me to use the password.  Is there a way to over ride the strong password settings???

I don't know of any GUI interface to over-ride, but you should be able to become su and do

passwd [username]

and you will be prompted for a new password.