[K12OSN] dansguardian filter

Mister B mrbal4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 06:27:02 UTC 2007

I used Dansguardian for many years in a K-12 school, and have since moved on
to Censornet ( http://opensource.censornet.com/ ) -a DansGuardian and other
open source software-based filtering distribution (based on Debian) that is
doing a good job for us now.  We didn't buy the blacklist support, but with
some monitoring and tweaking, it is working well.  Recording and reporting
abilities are robust, and I am generally happy with its performance on a
~1.8 ghz P4 with 1gb RAM.