Subject: [K12OSN] OT:  FOG
From: "CHUCK SYPERSKI" <csyperski DUPAGE88 NET>
Date: Sun, September 09, 2007 9:31 pm
To: <K12OSN redhat com>

This post may be off topic for this mailing list, but I hope this may be able to help some people.

I have created another open-source project that is called FOG, which stands for Free, Open-source Ghost.

It is a computer imaging solution for Windows XP machines with a single partition (and Vista soon). It uses PXE to boot the computers and image them with a small Linux OS, no floppy disks, bootable CDs or USB drives needed. It is all managed via a web interface and is very easy to use and setup. It even includes a Windows service to change the Windows host name after imaging. It allows users to image whole groups of computers, like a floor or computer lab and a whole bunch of other features. The server runs on Fedora 7 and comes with a installation wizard.

If you want to check it out it is completely open-source and free!

http://www.sf.net/projects/freeghost

Sorry again for posting off topic.

Thanks,
Chuck Syperski