Re: [K12OSN] Open Office

depends on your teaching style I suppose.
Personally I enjoyed creating projects based on other classes they were taking at the time.. i.e. History or Literature, even Health and P.E.

Have them create documents/spreadsheets/presentations based on what they were doing in other classes...who knows they might even be able to USE THEM in their other classes and get credit in BOTH places!

--Huck

Peter Scheie wrote:
Is being project based good or bad?

Peter

Huck wrote:
and from my 30 second perusal just now they appear to be project based...

--Huck

Peter Scheie wrote:
www.getopenoffice.org sells OOo workbooks, and offers educational discounts. The site is run by Solveig Haugland who is arguably one of the more prominent authors of OOo books.

Peter

Joshua Sommermeyer wrote:
Does anyone have a good curriculum/book/online resource they are using to teach Open Office to high school students? That you'd be willing to share?

Thanks for your help!

Joshua D. Sommermeyer
Director of Technology
Concordia Lutheran High School
(o) 281.351.2547
(f) 281.255.8806
www.concordiacrusaders.org
sommermeyerj concordiacrusaders org
+++Building Lives of Excellence upon the Foundation of Christ. +++