From: "Rob Owens" <rowens bio-chemvalve com>
To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:56:17 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] FOSS music notation and editing software

My advice would be to calculate the cost of all the Finale licenses, and
then ask the music teacher if she would rather use free software and
spend the money on musical instruments or some other physical items.

-Rob

Sonja Gonzalez wrote:
This is a great thread... thanks for all of the ideas! However, my music teacher *really* wants Finale. Has anyone tried using wine to enable Finale on Linux?

Thanks--

Sonja Gonzalez
Director of Technology
Ellis School