[K12OSN] Remote control - How ?

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Sep 13 14:07:58 UTC 2007

FreeNX plus fl_TeacherTool will do this as well. I remember remotely
logging into our system to clean up some desktops and watching a student
editing an essay. I resisted the urge to send the message "Tux sees all
- use its not it's on line 4".

For simplicity, I'd FreeNX into a gateway server and then VNC to the
individual servers within the network more out of laziness so I didn't
have to set up the various keys. I was able to manage about 10 servers
that way.

Teachers love it when they email you a problem a particular student is
having and you respond in 10 minutes with a resolution.

regards,
William Fragakis
morrisbrandon.com