Re: [K12OSN] Coordinating for NECC 2008

I personally like the idea of some kind of installfest, being a LUG member.

Probably in that environment the emphasis might be better put on liveCD's and demos of what you can do with the software - I can't imagine many being willing to "risk" the computer they were traveling with by doing an actual install... (but I would be pleased if I were wrong about that ;-) )

Cheers,
Vern

Hoover Chan wrote:
I hope you all are surviving the start of school year crunch. I'm
just barely starting to resurface.

That being said, I noticed that the NECC abstract deadline is coming
up faster than expected. I was wondering what all is being planned
for NECC 2008 as far as Open Source activities.

Given the kinds of questions that frequently come up, I was wondering
whether it might be useful to have an "Install Fest" where we can
demonstrate what it would take to do a basic installation and
deployment. Maybe something where we encourage people to bring their
own computers or laptops where appropriate distro CD's are available
at the session to install?

Anyway, just brainstorming some ideas for the conference.

Thanks. Hope to see you all there.