[K12OSN] Coordinating for NECC 2008

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 05:41:11 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, Paul Nelson <pnelson.k12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I WILL be at NECC 2008.
>
> I'd love to showcase how Drupal can be used to create great web sites
> for schools. I'd also like to showcase some of the good
> MAC/Linux/Windows FOSS out there. I'm doing a "Power Publishing, Three
> for Free" presentation later this year on Inkscape, GIMP and Scribus.
> I think it's amazing that all three run on all three OSs.

Great stuff, all of it.  Just remember, now that we have been assimilated by
the BORG (I mean NECC), all proposals for sessions at NECC in the Open
Source Pavilion go through the regular NECC committee process.  We can still
do other stuff on the side, but anything we want to appear in the program
gets submitted like everything else.

Paul, let's talk for sure.  I know I've carried the ball for the last few
years, but I'm glad to share the load (and any glory)...

Steve