Re: [K12OSN] Coordinating for NECC 2008

On 9/14/07, Paul Nelson <pnelson k12 gmail com> wrote:

I WILL be at NECC 2008.

I'd love to showcase how Drupal can be used to create great web sites
for schools. I'd also like to showcase some of the good
MAC/Linux/Windows FOSS out there. I'm doing a "Power Publishing, Three
for Free" presentation later this year on Inkscape, GIMP and Scribus.
I think it's amazing that all three run on all three OSs.

Great stuff, all of it.  Just remember, now that we have been assimilated by the BORG (I mean NECC), all proposals for sessions at NECC in the Open Source Pavilion go through the regular NECC committee process.  We can still do other stuff on the side, but anything we want to appear in the program gets submitted like everything else.

Paul, let's talk for sure.  I know I've carried the ball for the last few years, but I'm glad to share the load (and any glory)...

Steve