Re: [K12OSN] Remote Desktop immage while ssh

ahodson wrote:

Oh, it's you again with another untimely question... perhaps there are no ssh users here with enough time on their hands to address such low level queries... or perhaps this list is getting to be too high brow to address such issues... nah, there's still a core of good hackers willing to help all users. The question is...

Alan Hodson wrote:
A quick question for users who frequently use ssh
While remotely logged in, what is the command to make the remote desktop appear? - I'd like to be able to set background images for all the students remotely by using the dropbox
Thanks
Alan A Hodson
El Paso TX

I use SSH pretty frequently, but I just don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about X11Forwarding? VNC? FreeNX? Another kind of remote desktop (rdesktop to a Windows machine?)?

Nils Breunese.