[K12OSN] Enabling Client Audio

I've installed VLC for listening to streamed Web Radio and it appears to be working just fine... on the server. Is there anyway to direct the audio to a thin client? I can run VLC from a client and can see that tracks are playing, but no sound comes through. System sounds play on the client and a can get a test tone to play, but no real application audio plays, either from VLC or TuxType or anything else.

Any help appreciated!

Mark