Re: [K12OSN] Remote Desktop immage while ssh

Hi Nils

From my server I need to ssh into 6 other servers - I use
<ssh -l root 10.###.###.### -X>
to gain console access, and then run routines like
/usr/bin/system-config-users
to add new students to a server, etc. The question was directed at finding out how to turn console into the remote desktop, so I can then push a chosen desktop background to all users using the "Push new icons..." desktop icon... Is this doable this way?
Thanks for helping
alan
-=o=-

Nils Breunese wrote:
ahodson wrote:

Oh, it's you again with another untimely question... perhaps there are no ssh users here with enough time on their hands to address such low level queries... or perhaps this list is getting to be too high brow to address such issues... nah, there's still a core of good hackers willing to help all users. The question is...

Alan Hodson wrote:
A quick question for users who frequently use ssh
While remotely logged in, what is the command to make the remote desktop appear? - I'd like to be able to set background images for all the students remotely by using the dropbox
Thanks
Alan A Hodson
El Paso TX

I use SSH pretty frequently, but I just don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about X11Forwarding? VNC? FreeNX? Another kind of remote desktop (rdesktop to a Windows machine?)?

Nils Breunese.