Re: [K12OSN] Enabling Client Audio

Thanks Barry; will do. I'm out of town this week but will post my results when I return.

Regards,
Mark

On 9/17/07, Barry Cisna < brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Try installing xmms ( player) and set in options/preferences the output
plugin to* esound*.
I found if you are having sound gremlins,this is a good way to
troubleshoot from waaay back when.After installed you will see "Audio
Player" under your Sound and Video folder on the start menu. Once
installed just select Play Directory,> drill down to /usr/share/sounds.
this will play the whole directory. This will give you a few different
file formats to deal with. They should all play here. If you see "
soundbars" but no sound output somehow your sound is muted( or speakers
not plugged in,,,,ugh).
Do a ' yum -y install xmms ' in a bash terminal.
This will install what you need. Post back your results.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna