[K12OSN] Failed Moodle Install - Why ?

In my newly built test server I have installed K12LTSP 6. I am trying to install Moodle 1.8.

I have followed the instructions in the K12LTSP- Moodle Howto.

When I try to first connect to the Moodle Installation screens, in the browser, it passes all the tests.

When I get to the screen that prompts for the database name, username, password etc. I enter this information, then I click "next".

 I get an error message in red that says:

"We could not connect to the database you specified. Please check your database settings."

What am I doing wrong and how do I check the database settings?

I have entered the correct username and password.

Help!