[K12OSN] Window Clients can't get past the Linux Server

jones yeates jones_yeates at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:05:19 UTC 2007

I tried to get the dhcp server to give the client the DNS server ip
addresses on the school's network, and it still didn't work.  As you
mentioned, the Linux thin clients ended up not being able to connect
properly.

I noticed that the school machines have a different Connection-specific DNS
Suffix  than the LAN and I'm not sure if I should change it to what the
school has or not.  I don't know what that does.

The Windows clints can ping the DNS servers.

I installed tcpdump, but I'm not sure how to use it to see the packet flow
from the Window's client.