[K12OSN] Moodle question

Not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this question, but here goes. I am running Moodle 1.7 on an Ubuntu 6.06 server. When we create a quiz and give it a start time, it will never open. It always tells us "The quiz will not be available until:<date we designated>". When I run date on the server, it gives me the correct date. The Moodle calendar shows the correct date, and users are locked into GMT -5 which is our time zone. Any ideas what is going wrong with this?

Thanks...

Sonja

Sonja Gonzalez
Director of Technology