Re: [K12OSN] File permissions and ownership missing

Nils Breunese wrote:
Huck wrote:

have you tried

rm -rf /home/afry

??

I'd be careful with that. You realize that completely removed afry's homedir, right? That might not be what RMSELTech wants...

Nils Breunese.
Well yes, I did a rm-rf /home/afrey/My_Floppy and received the message that this was a directory, then used the command to remove the directory and received that message

unable to lstat /home/afry/My_Floppy

Anyway, the permissions are normal right now. I don't know why. However, I am wondering if that user was still logged in the other day when I was attempting to install icewm.

Thanks, for the help. I'm going to go into the school this morning and physically log in to see if icewm is working in the lab now. I'll post if I have further issues.

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech