Re: [K12OSN] DHCP Documentation

Huck wrote:
20-30 seconds? wiring?

Mel Wade wrote:
Yes, I'm getting DHCP. I've got the whole network running on the dhcp server. If the thin client the DHCP response seems to be very slow. It takes 20-30 seconds to move beyond the dhcp part of the boot.

Delays in multiples of 30 seconds are often failing DNS lookups. Are you handing out 2 dns server addresses where only one works? Does the tftp server try to look up the connecting IP address for logging? If you are using the standard 2-nic setup these will be in your hosts file but could cause the delay if use different ranges and don't have them in the tftp/nfs server's hosts file or have the zone in your DNS server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com