[K12OSN] eMac client

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Sep 26 12:33:09 UTC 2007

Craig,

This does not help you a bit,,,but,,, I wrangled for many hours trying to
get Emacs to boot off of K12LTSP.I should say to boot with correct video.
I got the same situation you did. On the other hand the older Imacs booted
up without a hitch & had sound and the whole 9 yards. I also tried
installing several distros on the HD of the Emacs and they ALL came up
with video problems. The closest I ever came to getting correct video with
an HD install of K12LTSP5. I even tried Yellow Dog which is kind of Mac
specific,but still got the the video/monitor with all off to one side
video. I used  an old linux thing that "adjusted" your monitor
position,which * almost* centered the video correctly, but with each
reboot these settings had to be redone. In any case, I never had any luck
with Emacs. I wish they would have worked as I had 35 of these at my
disposal and they would make nice " all in one" boxes:(
Let us know if you ever have any luck with these.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna