Re: [K12OSN] RMON network switch monitoring software?

Tom Wolfe wrote:
Anyone know of any SNMP/RMON software that I can use to monitor my Dell PowerConnect switches for collisions, etc? The crappy web management software is a pain to use. In fact it's killing me :)

I haven't tried it with Dell switches, but OpenNMS is a great monitoring system and they just added a yum repository that makes it painless to install on Centos or fedora. It's java based and still somewhat complex to configure but if you have enough equipment to make it worthwhile give it a try.

http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Installation:Yum

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com