[K12OSN] RMON network switch monitoring software?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Sep 29 15:11:05 UTC 2007

Tom Wolfe wrote:
> Anyone know of any SNMP/RMON software that I can use to monitor my Dell
> PowerConnect switches for collisions, etc? The crappy web management
> software is a pain to use. In fact it's killing me :)

I haven't tried it with Dell switches, but OpenNMS is a great monitoring
system and they just added a yum repository that makes it painless to
install on Centos or fedora.   It's java based and still somewhat
complex to configure but if you have enough equipment to make it
worthwhile give it a try.

http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Installation:Yum

--
   Les Mikesell