[K12OSN] Require help for LTSP and code weaver

Almquist Burke balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Fri Apr 4 11:42:56 UTC 2008

	I'm currently using a Mac version of Crossover and it works well,
especially the supported applications like Office. Of course
unsupported apps are hit and miss but if it's Office you want, I
think its a better solution than keeping a bunch of windows machines
around (and all the maintenance they generate, or paying for MS
terminal services.
	Crossover is really just a commercial version of wine that does a
good job of easing the installation and integration part of using
wine, plus you get some support too.
	Basically, you should be able to try a demo version of it out. If
memory serves, you can just download it and try it out. If it works
for the apps you need, I think its the best solution. The reason that
it doesn't win over VMs or RDP (or keeping windows clients) in all
cases is that it doesn't have perfect compatibility for all apps. The
upside is that it doesn't require the additional resources like VMs
or additional machines like RDP.