[K12OSN] Require help for LTSP and code weaver

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Apr 6 00:43:38 UTC 2008

Almquist Burke wrote:
> >   Because Crossover/Wine  emulates a Windows 98  environment,
> many  newer apps, specifically those written using the  MS .Net
> framework, will be problematic.
>

> IIRC,  you can pick a 98, 2000, or XP emulation.

That's true, you can.  Sadly, some apps, such as MS Office 2003, aren't
supported on Windows 98 (Windows 2000 or later).  However, MS Office
2000 and XP are, so Windows 98 emulation works for those.

This matters because, as I recall, the Windows 98 emulation was quite
good.  However, the Windows 2000/XP emulation..."needed work."  This may
have changed with the latest iteration of CrossOver/WINE.

First, I'd be trying out the new OpenOffice.org 2.4.  It's just easier
to do.

--TP