[K12OSN] Dhcp and iMac clients

Jamie Lists jamielist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:22:40 UTC 2008

Thanks for the quick answer.  Forgive my ignorance but what is
"DHCP-fu" exactly?
I understand most of what you said.. The only thing that troubles me
is we're going to need to still netboot newer macs for re imaging.

Will having this in the dhcp mess that up for imaging say... eMacs?

The reason i don't want to do vlans is because we're not doing a lab
but more of a classroom setup. So a classroom could have 2 old imacs
running k12ltsp and 2 new eMacs running OSX.

The problem with the vlans is all the macs in that classroom are
plugged into unmanaged mini switch and then pugged into the port in
the wall. So i don't think that would work.