[K12OSN] thin client laptops/Asus EEE

Huck dhuckaby at hvja.org
Mon Apr 14 16:44:47 UTC 2008

Symbol makes a nice wireless single point of management of multiple
access points(antennas) ...
http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=3fc0e90e3ae95110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=9d9de90e3ae95110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD
long url...wow...
that's the one I got and use...but I do NOT do LTSP on it ;)
it's simply to cover the entire school with 5 antennas...and works like
a charm...I actually had to tone down the antennas to about 50%
I was covering too much area(with the 'iTouch' site-survey we did)...and
at 50% it still blasts through solid-pour block walls(1950's construction).
in comparison the 'airport in the maclab' can only go down the hallways :)