[K12OSN] thin client laptops/Asus EEE

Huck dhuckaby at hvja.org
Mon Apr 14 20:03:44 UTC 2008

At the risk of a flame-war...why not go with Windows Terminal Services
AND LTSP, if it's within budget.
there are some things that are offered for Windows that a Linux solution
just isn't as...(what's the word...)...Elegant I suppose...

and you can access both from the same thin clients...(perhaps some
proprietary app that teachers must use Windows for)...and they can use
thin clients as well...and you don't have to worry about them installing
rogue software/apps/email tweaks/etc...and only worry about anti-virus
for 1 MS-server rather than 20+ windows clients.

Just a thought.

--Huck