[K12OSN] Slow flash on terminal?

Jamie Lists jamielist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 07:06:12 UTC 2008

I have a test network setup. I'm using an old blueberry iMac as a
client. The server is some dell with a pent d 2.8ghz and 2 gig of ram.
They are both connected to a mini switch running at 100 full duplex.
They are the only 2 devices on the mini switch.

When i watch a flash video on youtube or cnn.com on the server it plays fine.

For some reason on the client it plays really choppy. When i ran an
iptraf on it, the client was only getting about 24000kb a sec. Which
works out to only about 1/4 of the available bandwidth.

I swapped out the ethernet cables and even the switch. Still the same result.

This is weird.. Any ideas?
jamie