[K12OSN] 5.0 EL repos dead/outdated?

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Apr 15 13:01:49 UTC 2008

Hello List,

 Still wrangling with my yum problems on my new install of 5 EL K12LTSP. I
am thinking now it is possibly a firewall problem. I have done many
installs of K12LTSP from here at school with no problems behind our
firewall. Yesterday I did try and add in the Network Proxy setting of our
school's firewall( which I have never had to do in the past) in
preferences. This did not help any. WHen I try and yum install ( from a
terminal) the rpm tries to download but I always get " Header not
complete" I've heard of these in serveral posts,but do not really know
how to troubleshoot it?  I can of course download rpms manually but I am
trying to install vlc, and there are dependencies as long as your arm to
get this to install!Should I be able to telnet on port whatever to say
mesd/k12ltsp download site to see if i get a response? Anyone have any
ideas?

Tahnks,

Barry Cisna