[K12OSN] Need help with a Python Upgrade on FC6

Nick Fenger nick at trilliumcharterschool.org
Thu Apr 17 15:40:15 UTC 2008

THIS WAS RESOLVED (details below)

I was able to get this working by building python from scratch and using the
"make altinstall" command which put the new version in
/usr/local/lib/Python2.5  . There was information on that in the README.TXT
that came with the Python 2.5 source. Before configuring, I had to add the
Tcl/Tk dev. packages so IDLE would work.

After that, I had to copy the python executable form the build directory to
/usr/local/lib/Python2.5 and everything worked.